KT 150 Watt Portable Solar Blanket
The KT 150 Watt Mono-crystalline Solar Blanket is a compact, light-weight solution to your solar needs. Ideal for camping, 4×4 and marine applications, the KT 150 Watt Portable Solar Blanket is manufactured from a solar cell that is cast from silicon. These cells are more efficient in producing power than most other panels, so the size of the panel is smaller yet produces a greater power output.
This one-piece, easy-fold design folds down to a compact bag with all accessories neatly tucked away inside. The panels feature a scratch-resistant mat coating for durability and folded tabs which allow you to secure the blanket to your vehicle and close the doors over the tab to reduce the chances of theft.
- One-piece easy-fold weather-proof 150 Watt Solar Blanket
- Small, compact design for easy transportation and storage
- Unfolded dimensions: 1820mm x 920mm x 135mm
- Folded dimensions: 400mm x 330mm x 135mm
- 50 Amp Heavy Duty Connector wired to Solar Blanket for easy power connection
- Includes 15 Amp, 12V Solar Charge Controller (waterproof IP65)
- Includes 5M Power Lead with easy connections to power (2.5mm2 Twin Core Cable)
- Includes 55cm Power lead with positive and negative battery clamps for easy connection to battery (2.5mm2 Twin Core Cable)
- Features securing tab to secure solar blanket to vehicle to prevent theft
- Blanket features loops along the longer edges to allow mounting in various positions
- 2 year warranty
- Type Mono-crystalline
- Max Power 150 Watt
- Max Power Voltage 18.0 Volt
- Max Power Current 8.33A
- Open Circuit Voltage 21.0 Volts
- Short Circuit Current 8.74A
- Dimensions 375 x 300 x 85mm
- Test Conditions AM1.5, 25OC, 1000W/m2
- Battery Connections Battery Clamps
- Total Weight 6.3Kg
The Solar Charge Controller:
The 15Amp, 12V Solar Controller fitted to theKT 150 Watt Portable Solar Blanket will regulate the solar charge and is IP67 Rated – Waterproof. The Coloured LED’s provide easy indication of the operational status and battery conditions. The Digital LCD display shows battery voltage, charging current, charging capacity (Amp Hour), battery types , full charge and fault codes. The Multi-charging function protects against reverse polarity, short circuit, over temperature, and over voltage.
The solar controller prevents batteries from being undercharged. In the solar field, battery undercharge always occurs, especially on some conventional lead-acid or calcium batteries. The unit provides an automatic equalisation feature for deeply drained conventional lead-acid battery or calcium batteries as well as provides a cycling automatic equalising feature every 28 days.
This Solar Charge Controller can be connected to the battery permanently to keep the battery fully charged by using a process called ‘floating’. This means the controller will stop charging when the battery is full and will automatically start charging the battery as required. This process will also reduce water loss and help prevent the battery from drying out.
This Solar Charge Controller also protects your battery from discharge at night. Under low light or no light, the solar panel voltage could be less than the battery voltage. The unit features a special circuit which prevents current flowing back from the battery and into the solar panel.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Great Escape Camping users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.